We have a trial of Oxford Language Dictionaries Online until 14th November 2007.
To access this trial go to http://www.oxfordlanguagedictionaries.com/. Off campus users should use the Windows Terminal Service for this trial.
We propose replacing the Oxford 3-in-1 Bilingual Dictionary CD-ROM with Oxford Language Dictionaries Online. OLDO includes the fully searchable unabridged bilingual dictionaries and masses of unique supplementary material never before available online.
Some of the features include:
- Quick search and advanced search
- Limit your search to levels of formality and headwords or full text
- Links to notes on grammar, usage, and cultural background
- Downloadable correspondence and CV templates
- Verb and pronunciation tables
Further details are available at http://www.oxfordlanguagedictionaries.com/about. JISC are consulting about a possible agreememnt for OLDO. Proposed pricing is at http://www.jisc-collections.ac.uk/oxfordlang.
After trying the Oxford Language Dictionaries Online, please leave a comment below.