BoB is being redeveloped over August 2016 to improve the service it provides.
On 1 August the new BoB will go live, with a fresh look, enhanced video quality and more powerful searching capabilities.
From September, BoB will deliver a whole host of improvements, such as:
- A platform working across desktop, iOS and Android devices
- Media records based on our TRILT metadata, supporting more powerful searching capabilities
- Better programme coverage and a permanent archive of content from nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 / More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC Radio 4 Extra
- Better thumbnail previews on search results
- Preview clips before saving
- Label your own clips
- Personalised email alerts when programmes are ready to view
- More detailed citation data
Be aware, there will be limited content and functionality during August over the upgrade period.
During August you won’t be able to access your saved clips and playlists, but don’t worry these will be accessible again in September. You may not be able to access some archive content broadcast before 1 July. There will be some programmes in the archive available before this date, but not everything.
Learning on Screen ask users to bear with them throughout August, as they upgrade the system. Archive content and enhanced functionality will be restored in September, along with all the exciting new features.
Learning on Screen apologise for any inconvenience caused during the upgrade period.
Watch a short video highlighting all the exciting improvements