- The entrance and reception areas are now complete, as are the new social areas on each side of reception.
- We are now able to take both cash and card payments once more. The print credit machines are up and running, though the change machine still needs reinstalling.
- The quiet and silent study rooms on the 1st floor are fully operational, as is the new Postgraduate Study Room on the ground floor.
- The new help desks on the ground and 1st floors are open, as is the new self-service area, with its stairway down to the Refreshments and Group Study Room.
- All of the book stock remains accessible, as it has during the whole project, and all computer rooms are open.
- The new full-floor group study areas on floors 3 and 4 are not quite ready. These will greatly increase the amount of group study space, and in the meantime the LearnHigher Room and the Refreshments and Group Study Room can be used for this. Thanks for your patience.
Friday, October 24, 2014
Harold Cohen Library Refurbishment Update
The ongoing £2.6 million refurbishment of the Harold Cohen Library is in its final stages and we can give the following updates.