We are now more than halfway through the refurbishment and the major remodelling of many areas is well underway.
Stack 6 is now completely closed for public access and is likely to remain so for the duration of the building work. We are offering an on demand retrieval service between 9.00am-5.00pm. Apply to the Helpdesk in HCC2 for anything you require from this floor.
Please do not enter any areas that are clearly marked as a construction site and displaying 'no entry' notices
The Library is open from 8.30 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday, with access via the side entrance between the Library and the Sherrington Building. Here is the current status, and for more information plus some photographs of the ongoing work see HCL Refurbishment:
1. Temporary Help Desk: HCC2
2. Book Issue & Return: HCC2
3. Book Stacks 1 - 6: OPEN
4. Stack 6 : CLOSED - STAFF RETRIEVAL SYSTEM IS OPERATING
5. Silent Study: OPEN (access via HCC3)
6. Quiet Study: CLOSED
7. Refreshment & Group Study: OPEN (access via Stack Floor 3)
8. PC Centres 1-4 OPEN (5-8 CLOSED)
9. Group Study: CLOSED
10. Wolfson: CLOSED
11. Lobby & Reception: CLOSED
12. Ground & 1st Floor Service Desks: CLOSED
13. Toilets : Gents - Stack Floor 5, Ladies - Lower ground, Accessible - Stack 5.