Lexis Library provides full-text access to case law, legislation and expert commentary, including access to key sources such as the All England Law Reports and Halsbury’s Laws of England. Updated daily, Lexis Library also includes full-text articles from legal, business and trade publications, annual reports and other company information and UK local and national newspapers. Use the specific search tabs, such as Cases or Legislation, depending on what it is you are looking for, in order to make your search more precise.
Lexis Library is not searched by DISCOVER, so you need to search the database directly to access the content.
Why use it?
- To find online versions of cases and/or legislation
- To trace the judicial history of a case
- To find out about the status of a piece of legislation
- To find journal articles on specific legal topics
- To find cases which have interpreted specific pieces of legislation in court
- To access major legal reference works (also available directly from the library catalogue)
- To find articles from UK local and national newspapers