We have a trial of Dental Education in Video until 22nd December 2012.
To access this trial go to http://dntl.alexanderstreet.com.ezproxy.liv.ac.uk/.
Dental Education in Video is a video encyclopaedia of dentistry and dental technique, delivering online access to hundreds of high-definition videos featuring world-renowned clinicians and educators. It provides hundreds of hours of demonstrations from American Dental Association-approved content partners, together with interviews and lectures, for students and staff in dental surgery, medicine, oral hygiene and nursing.
This current release includes 174 videos totalling 151 hours.
Each video is accompanied by a synchronised and fully searchable transcript.
You can listen to an audio track or watch a video on your mobile device too.
Key features include:
• multiple points of access—browse, search, thumbnail images, transcripts—allowing you to find your point of interest in hundreds of hours of video within seconds
• synchronized, searchable transcripts to accompany the videos
• video clip-making tools
• annotated playlists—you can make, annotate, and share playlists for course or individual use, and you can include links to materials or resources outside of the collection to make this your one-stop resource
• high quality, licensed, in-copyright material plus newsreel and other valuable footage
• the ability to create synchronized annotations and multi-media presentations
• an embeddable video player and playlist for use on a class Web site, library home page, or an electronic syllabus—lets you drive usage and deliver content to users where and when they need it without instructions or countless screens and clicks
• streaming, quickly accessible online video at 400 and 800 kbps with no delays and no special equipment (just Flash and a browser)
• Open URL compliance
After trying Dental Education in Video please leave your comments below. You can choose the anonymous option to comment without needing to have a Blogger account, but it helps if you include your name in your feedback so that we can follow up on comments.