DISCOVER, powered by EBSCO Discovery Service, provides a simple, yet quick and powerful, way to search a huge number of resources at the same time. When you search DISCOVER it searches:
- multiple subject-specific indexes, like Medline, GeoRef, PsycINFO, MLA and Historical Abstracts
- multiple full-text databases like Business Source Premier and Academic Search Complete
- multidisplinary databases like 'TOC Plus' and the British Library's tables of contents database which powers Zetoc
- our own library catalogue.
A DISCOVER search involves 4 simple steps:
- Enter your search
- Refine your results using the facets on the left
- Explore your results and view full records and full text
- Explore more results from additional sources.
LibGuides are our new way of guiding you towards the resources that we provide in your subject area. Library resources change a lot, so even if you think you know it all, check the LibGuides pages for your subject area and see what you're missing. Over time we'll enhance our LibGuides pages with more tutorials and guidance.
If you have any questions or comments about DISCOVER or LibGuides, please contact your liaison librarian.