We have an extended trial of IOPscience until 31st December 2008. To access this trial go to http://iopscience.iop.org.ezproxy.liv.ac.uk/. Off-campus users will be prompted to login with their MWS username and password.
IOPscience is a new e-journals platform from the Institute of Physics that will run alongside their existing platform. IOPscience includes innovative features to help you locate articles and keep up to date in your chosen area. For example:
- all articles in physics, astronomy and mathematics are classified with PACS or MSC codes
- journal homepages have tag clouds of the most frequently occuring classification codes (mouseover the code for its definition)
- users can tag articles with their onw choice of keywords
- search results can be narrowed using filters (much like Scopus)
- any search can be saved as an RSS feed for updates
For more details of the added features see http://iopscience.iop.org.ezproxy.liv.ac.uk/page/aboutiopscience
Note that catalogue links and OpenURL links (SFX / find it @ liverpool) will continue to be directed to the existing IOP journals site.
Access to IOPscience in 2009 would only be available at additional cost, so we are keen to hear whether you think the additional features are worth paying for. So after trying IOPscience please leave a comment.